Re: End User query tools

From: <stevew1685_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:56:47 GMT

I have had experience with both Crystal Reports and Hummingbird's Bi-Query Tool.

Personally, I think Crystal Reports is more of a programmer's tool than an end user tool. Which makes it unsuitable for SQL illiterate users.

However, in my experience BI-Query ( or GQL as it used to be known) is easy for users to use.

I have seen users from Coal Miners to Corporate Execs use BI-Query successfully and easily. Users do not need or require SQL training. Everything is based on a point & click approach.

All the IT department needs to supply is a base module. In fact some companies I know of don't even use IT support for BI-Query (Other than installation). They have a key user create and maintain the database models used by the program.

In my opion you should look at Bi-Query. It's a little expensive to purchase, but I think this is offset by how easy it is to maintain.

Stephen Walsh
Helix Systems Pty Ltd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 05:56:47 CEST

Original text of this message