New, Accessing DB

From: Luis J Medina <luisjmedina_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 06:08:44 GMT

Hi,

I downloaded Oracle8i. I have installed it. I will like to use it. So far I have used sql8 connected to the Oracle website using the sample DB. I will like to set up a working DB in my computer.

Every time I start to set it up using net easy, I get to test the connection. I get the following result.

Connecting....

The test did not succeed.
ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

There may be an error in the fields entered or the server may not be ready for a connection. You can check the server and retry, or continue.

Luis J Medina Received on Sun Oct 08 2000 - 08:08:44 CEST

Original text of this message