Re: Deploying Forms 6 clients

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 20:14:53 GMT

Yes, MetaLink has a document (search on 'Deploy Forms') that lists the files that need to be copied.
Once you have the list, install the runtome on one PC, copy to your network the directories and files as indicated in the document, and write a batch script to copy those files to your other PC's. You may hit a problem when copying the DLL's. Some are used by Windows and when Windows is running they may be in use. To copy those, you'll need to start the PC in DOS mode and copy the files. I have deployed the runtimes for 6.0 in this way with no problems.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com