Forms 6i Programming :: 2nd Level Search

From: <sacchow_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:05:37 GMT

I have a datablock

    and at run-time
[Quoted]       after a query has executed and the block is filled with rows     I want to provide a feature by which     a user can search for a value in any column that he/she decides to.

note:     all the rows that met the query criteria in the first place
            are displayed.  I am just searching for (one column only) in
            the result-set.

Example: Say, i have columns A, B, C & D

    It is filled with rows (after a query has executed)

  • Now he/she wants to search for a value in A The first record that meets the search value in A is highlighted the user then presses some button and the second row having the search value in A (if any) is highlighted. I do desire to have ALL the rows from the original query displayed, otherwise this would be a trivial issue.

Please provide pointers, hints, suggestions, guidance.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 06 2000 - 19:05:37 CEST

Original text of this message