Listernerless Oracle; tns-12600, tns-125xx, tns-122xx errors resolved?

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 18:49:02 GMT

Just to let you know; the BEQueth protocol still works under 8i; meaning you cal have a listenerless configuration when you have client and server on the same machine, like many of us have at home, or on laptops.
In my tnsnames.ora, I have:

Beq-local =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = beq)
(PROTOCOL = BEQ)
(PROGRAM = oracle)
(ARGV0 = oracleDES2)
(ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DES2)
    )
  )

but even:

Beq-local =
  (DESCRIPTION =

     (ADDRESS =

(PROGRAM = oracle)
(ARGV0 = oracleDES2)
(ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
)

    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DES2))
  )

works.

Needless to say, my SID is DES2, not ORCL. Changes both DES2's into ORCL, and that should work, too.

Haven't tried with SERVICE= (yet), maybe I will.

hth to prevent more TNS-12xxx errors.

Grtz, Frank
PS - because there's (virtually) no overhead, it's fast, too. PPS - should also work on unix, but haven't tried. Appreciate feedback on
specific Received on Fri Oct 06 2000 - 20:49:02 CEST

Original text of this message