[Quoted] style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px" data-ad-client="ca-pub-7499460687650857" data-ad-slot="1157905849">

designer webserver library (wsgl?) problems

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:29:26 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] I'm having a problem trying to get a designer webserver generated application to work with my newly organized tablespace/schema design. Since [Quoted] [Quoted] I'm not very familiar with how Designer works and am not sure where the problem lies, I'll just throw in as much detail as I can...

Solaris 2.7
Oracle 8.1.6 RDBMS

Using Oracle Application Server 4081
The application uses both pl/sql and livehtml cartridges

Before, we had most our applications and its required procedures in a "catch-all" schema,
say we call it bob. bob had packages and procedures for this application and many other applications. The bob schema also has these WSGL* packages [Quoted] [Quoted] which we've created using scripts that came with Designer 1.3.2's client (I [Quoted] know! It's old!).

[Quoted] We then wanted to separate each application into their own schema for easier [Quoted] maintenance/administration. So, for the bob application, we use the bob [Quoted] schema, and the john application will use the john schema, etc.

Since all our other applications will be using these WSGL* packages, we decided to implement a similar type of setup as Oracle did for their Application Server - using a "public" schema (like oas_public) to hold these [Quoted] public objects. This general/public schema we called wsgl_public. We [Quoted] granted execute to public on all it's objects (just procedures and packages.) Then we created public synonyms to the objects in wsgl_public. [Quoted] [Quoted] So theoretically, both the bob and john applications will be able to use the [Quoted] procedures/packages they need from the wsgl_public schema.

[Quoted] Most applications seem to work okay, except for just one part of the bob application. It seems to be able to execute its required WSGL procedure from the wsgl_pulic schema, but the results are different. It would return [Quoted] a negative one (-1) instead of a calculated (positive) number such as 35. [Quoted] If we make these WSGL procedures local to the bob schema, it returns the expected results.

[Quoted] So my question is - does our configuration sound valid? Did I miss something? I'll be happy to provide more information if needed.

[Quoted] Thanks a lot in advance!
Verna Received on Fri Oct 06 2000 - 02:29:26 CEST

Original text of this message