NEWBIE: Net8 Config Asst Install on AIX

From: Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:48:22 GMT

I'm trying to install Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition on a 'bare' AIX 4.3.2 system (the APARs in the docs and readme are also installed).

The install goes great up until it tries to install & run the Net8 Configuration Assistant. The 'Status' field on the Configuration tools window says "In Progress...", but the 'Stop' button does not appear to do anything.

In the details window, I have the following (among other messages):

<<<<<<

Warning : JIT complier "none" not found. Will use interpreter.Parsing command line arguments:

[snip lots of usefull-looking but meaningless-to-me lines]

Done parsing command line arguments.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jniGetOracleHome

  at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.getOracleHome(NetGetEnv.java)
  at oracle.net.ca.CmdlineArgs.setOraArgs(CmdlineArgs.java)
  at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.<init>(NetCA.java)
  at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.main(NetCA.java)
Error loading native library: libnjni8.so.

Any Suggestions?

TIA,

---
Pb
My opinions are my own and should not be taken as
representing any other group or entity.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.