Re: webdb dropdown listbox problem

From: Luis Cabral <luiscabral_at_starmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:23:48 GMT

Hello

I think the only (feasible) way to do this is, when the user selects the first dropdown, submiting immediatelly the form (through Javascript).

At this point, the procedure has to have intelligence to see that the user just
selected the first dropdown. Then it must resend the page, now with the second
dropdown populated with values based in
the first dropdown.

When the procedure receive the form with the two dropdowns filled (and any other
fields), it can process normally.

Of course, this is not a Webdb-specific
solution, is more a generic one.

In article <8rg0jr$fi0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   angelmoon <jfizzard_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> This is what I want to do. I have created forms using Pl/SQL stored
> procedures. I have 2 dropdown list boxes. The information in the
> listboxes comes from a table in the database. The first one is a
 source
> system. and the second one is an rma number. I want it so that when
 the
> source system is picked that only the rma numbers related to that
 source
> system will be displayed in the DDL. Is it possible to do this? if so
> How? there are approximately 100,000 records in the database
>
> THanks,
>
> --
> Angelmoon
> jmfizz_at_my-deja.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:23:48 CEST

Original text of this message