Signing Applets for JINITIATOR

From: (wrong string) éndez <vejeta_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:11:09 +0200

Hello,

I've deployed a DSA signed applet which is intended to work under Jinitiator 1.1.5.21
(oracle plugin based in JRE 1.1.5) in windows I've used javakey supplied
with
JDeveloper in order to sign my applet and obtain my certificate. I've aware that JINITIATOR uses c:\\identitydb.obj file to collect certificates, then my
certificate named "juan.x509" must be imported into it and I dit it.

When I load my html in both IE and Netscape the Browser displays:

                Error: sun.applet.AppletSecurityException:checkwrite
and Java Console displays:
                Oracle JInitiator version 1.1.5.21.1
                Using JRE version 1.1.5.21o
                User home directory = C:\WINDOWS
                Proxy Configuration: no proxy
                Opening http://spectrum48k/pruebas/Oapplet.jar no proxy
                Opening http://spectrum48k/pruebas/EjemploBeanInfo.class no
proxy
                Opening

http://spectrum48k/pruebas/sun/beans/infos/EjemploBeanInfo.class no proxy

What is the thing needed to run the signed applet?

Please, write me if you know what is the mistake.

Juan Manuel Méndez
(I've to copy-paste an original .signature)