Re: Resources for SQLPLUS & reporting

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:54:06 GMT

Thanks Frank. A basic error. I misunderstood the function of the slash and erroneously thought that sqlplus would only process sqlplus commands (ttitle, spool) followed by a slash.

In article <8rf081$hi7$1_at_porthos.nl.uu.net>,   "Frank" <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl> wrote:
> That would take a while - wouldn't it?
> Your outpis *is* what i expect; a slash runs whatever SQL statement
> is in the buffer. spool does not need to run, so the / after
> your spool command will rerun the statement.
> Same for the new title command - title2 will be displayed
> but the / makes sql1 to be executed again.
> So, you execute statement 1 three times, sql2 two times.
> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:54:06 CEST

Original text of this message