Re: Tools to manage an Oracle database

From: <rrf69_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:16:30 GMT

In article <8rdcfi$a5k$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   devdev_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> DBTools www.softtreetech.com

There are many tools available but the best I have seen so far are Savant's Enterprise. They began this performance management years ago and simply kick ass. I have seen several people talk highly of them. I think they allow for at least a two week demo of thier tools. www.savant.com should give a download site.

> In article <8ra0p4$glu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> tworosz_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > In article <8pajpi$7t6$1_at_lola.ctv.es>,
> > "Carlos Lacasa" <clacasa_at_sestra.es> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a tool allowing not only an
 easy database management but
> > > also more capabilities such as debugging
 PL/SQL, executing queries... and so
> > > on.
> > >
> > > I've heard about TOAD and SQL Navigator.
> > >
> > > Has anyone use them? What do you think about
 them?
> > > I have seen both TOAD and SQL Nav as well as
> > other tools. I run a suite called Savant
> > Enterprise. They do true diagnostics, tuning and
> > reporting. Mike Ault speaks highly of them. They
> > are mainly for prod but I use it on dev as well.
> > The best tuning set available is Precise but they
> > can be costly.
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:16:30 CEST

Original text of this message