Database Links

From: Evelyn Bolton <boltmail_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:24:58 GMT

[Quoted] I am having trouble creating a database link. I am running Oracle 8.1.5. When I use the syntax: create public database link casem_orcl_link connect to casem identified by casem using 'ORCL', I get the following error when trying to select records from a table in the remote database: ORA-02085: database link CASEM_ORCL_LINK connects to ORCL.WORLD. When I use the syntax: create public database link casem_orcl_link connect to casem identified by casem using 'ORCL.WORLD', I get the error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name. Yet, when I log into the ORCL databse and create the same link to our TEST database, I don't get any errors. Any input would be appreciated.

Evelyn Bolton Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 20:24:58 CEST

Original text of this message