tnsping, oracle and the oracle listener process

From: Louis V. Frolio <lvflcv_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:58:48 -0400

[Quoted] Greetings All, I am writing a VB app that interfaces with and Oracle database. One of
[Quoted] the things that I would like to do is to mimic the functionality of the tnsping utility that comes
[Quoted] [Quoted] with the Oracle client. So, my question is this. Does anybody know of [Quoted] where I can get my hands on specs for the protocol used when tnsping talks [Quoted] [Quoted] to the listener? Is there source code for tnsping anywhere? Does anybody [Quoted] know what tnsping asks of listener when tnsping is invoked? I was thinking [Quoted] of using a sniffer program to watch the request made by tnsping and the [Quoted] [Quoted] response that comes back from the listener. Any and all help would be [Quoted] greatly appreciated.

Louis Received on Sun Oct 01 2000 - 15:58:48 CEST

Original text of this message