Repository woes - newbie question

From: Jef Reynders <jef_reynders_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 01:34:14 +0200

I just installed an 8.0.4 database and tried to connect to it using Designer. Upon launching, Designer tells me the user I'm using doesn't yet have an installed repository. So I start up the Repository Admin utility. In the first screen (the one with all the comboboxes) I'm unable to select anything (none of the boxes has values to choose from). When I try clicking OK I get this error:

The two main causes are:
1. Check the RAU Parameters screen to see if any of the Registry variables for EXECUTE_<executable_name>.. are UNDEFINED or spelt incorrectly
2. The executable name is not available on the client, try running it manually from the command line

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jef Received on Sat Sep 30 2000 - 01:34:14 CEST

Original text of this message