Which version do I get?

From: Matthew Burgess <matthewburgess_at_matthewburgess.worldonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:33:29 +0100

[Quoted] I've just started a module at uni. which involves learning Oracle. To start [Quoted] off with we're doing SQL *Plus (I think it's version 3.3?). We then move onto Forms 4.5. Our Sun Workstations are apparently running Oracle 7 (which [Quoted] I imagine includes the above two apps.).

[Quoted] I went to the Oracle website and could only see 8i for download. I would like to have a copy of the Oracle software on my PC at home, so I don't have [Quoted] to rely on the uni. network. Could someone please advise as to whether I would have any compatibility issues if I were to use 8i at home and 7 at [Quoted] uni, and where, if so, could I get a copy of Oracle 7 to run on a Win98 machine?

[Quoted] Thank you in advance

Matt Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 22:33:29 CEST

Original text of this message