Re: Need database/architecture recommendation

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:57:24 GMT

You should get a Compaq Proliant 370 with NT and install Oracle 8i Enterprise server. Get at least 512 meg of memory, and 4 80 GB disks. Get at tape backup.
Forget about Perl you won't need it. Better yet, forget that you ever knew Perl, it is
not used for serious business apps. Use PL/SQL only. Java is nice but you won't need it.
Get Oracle Application Server as your web server and use the PL/SQL cartridge to generate web pages.

If you like, you could drop NT and Go with Linux and you will feel right at home.Or You could go Sun with Solaris but the development tools are better on the NT platform.
;-)
Mike