Re: Forms: User interface

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:32:26 -0700

"Van Hoof" <info_at_hoof.nl> wrote in message news:8qqhad$o5g$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl...
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering how you developers implemented 'search' possibilities on your
> forms.
>
> F7/F8 is default Oracle 'Enter query' en 'Execute query', but this is
> 'difficult' for 'simpel' users.
> On some forms I replaced the functionality for F7/F8 by means of showing a
> LOV when F7 is pressed. But then the 'experienced' users miss the 'Enter
> query' possibility.
>
> What's the best way to solve such 'interface problems'?
>
> Thanks
> S v Hoof

Where I used to work we used a "search" window that was a separate block within the form and we put the most commonly used fields that we expected the user to search on in it. Enter the criteria, hit the "OK" button, and it queried according to your search criteria. I think we had both a keystroke (F5 comes to mind) and a toolbar button for the search window.

-Matt Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 07:32:26 CEST

Original text of this message