Problem with pro*c and dynamic sql

From: Roberto Taurino <roberto_taurino_at_address.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:50:03 +0200

Hi, I developed a dll that works with pro*c and dynamic-sql mod ANSI (mostly i modified the example supplied with the programmer installation).

The version i use is 8.1.5.

The Problem:

    I open a cursor (dynamically) and make a lot of fetch (big table!) and the memory allocated by the process increase and increase of some kbyte every 100 records fetched. It causes me to halt windows sometimes.

I tried with ONLY fetch and no particular elaborations of every record fetched, and still the problem persits.

The worst is that when the cursor is closed at the end, the memory is not deallocated.

Can anyone help me?
Roberto Taurino Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 12:50:03 CEST

Original text of this message