OEM Capacity Planner

From: db <burtdf_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:53:49 -0400

Does anybody actually use OEM Capacity Planner routinely to maintain a formal capacity plan? Its easy enough to get a one-time analysis from the product, but I am uncertain if it would be the right tool for ongoing measurement. It looks to me like the console/gui has to be logged-on and capturing statistics and loading them to your repository all the time that your database is up, in order to get any realistic numbers. So if you shutdown/startup the target database or reboot the target server, you have to manually bring the Capacity Planner back up and sign-in again. Do people actually do this? Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 02:53:49 CEST

Original text of this message