Re: FMX version control

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2000 04:47:11 GMT

>Starting with Forms5 we found it impossible to convert (our admittedly
>big ugly) fmts back to fmbs.
>
>Also starting with Forms5 PLSQL is dumped in HEX not ASCII. This is
>still storable under a source code management system but it doesn't work
>very well, if just the differences are stored.
>
>John Strange wrote:
>>
>> Do you think their might be a compile/link time stamp
>> in the fmx.
>>
>> For verison control why not convert the .fmb to .fmt
>> and place the fmt to a source management system.
>>
>> Kevin (kcheung_at_poboxes.com) wrote:
>> : Is there any real good measure to maintain
>> : version of fmx files?

>> : I tried to use the same fmb file to
>> : generate 2 times into 2 fmx.
>> : But the checksum of these 2 fmx are
>> : different even though they are from the
>> : same fmb.

>> : Please help
>> : TIA
>> : Kevin
>>
>> --
>> While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
>> Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u
>> opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.
>
>--
>Don Berryman
>1188 Clovelly Terrace
>Victoria BC V8P 1V6
>(250) 384-4328

Patch 7 [WinNT] for Developer fixes this bug (FMT-->FMB). Then you should be able to convert them somewhat. You can also store the "Object List Report" [on Admin menu], which is a pure text representation of the form, but it is not reversible Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 06:47:11 CEST

Original text of this message