maximum open cursors reached

From: Michiel Kuperus <cube_at_dds.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:56:04 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've a small (but show stopping) problem:

[Quoted] In Designer 6, after I created some things (table, columns, etc..) I get an [Quoted] error: maximum number of open cursors

[Quoted] After some reading I found there is a setting in init.ora (OPEN_CURSOR).

Question:
[Quoted] 1. Is this setting in init.ora the way to get rid of this problem? (and ifso, is there a need of a reboot?)
[Quoted] [Quoted] 2. What is a good number for a small repository with few connections?

vital info:
Server:Oralce EE 816r2 on NT4SP5, 256Mb, one database about 2Gb Client: Designer6 on NT4SP6

I know this question has probably been posted before: Is there a(n) (official) FAQ?

Thnx in advance,
Michiel Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 08:56:04 CEST

Original text of this message