What is Instance Manager's "Long Operation" tab?

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:48:36 GMT

When using Instance Manager (Oracle 8i) and checking out "Sessions", I cans see alll connections to the database. Any specific connection shows a general tab with a bit of information about the process.

As the process is clicked on, a second tab appears briefly, "Long Operations". When does that appear for use?

The only time I have sen it was when a process had died somehow, possibly it was going when I killed the terminal runnning sqlplus? Anyway, Long Operation was there showing a progress of 0%. I don't believe I have seen it otherwise, even when operations take nearly an hour to complete.

Brian Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 14:48:36 CEST

Original text of this message