Re: HELP HELP

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:14:18 +1000

Lord... In the first place, I don't think he particularly wants a clone of his database (since he specifically mentions wanting the structure and not the data -and I take that to mean he wants a recipe for reconstructing the database like an INDEXFILE script).

In the second place, whilst the recommendation to go and look at Oracle's white papers is always sound, what you actually describe is a pretty wishy-washy rag-bag of cloning instructions. It's not that anything you say is particularly wrong, just that it's all oevr the place and doesn't go far enough in some key areas. The full schmozzle is on the Backup and Recovery page of my web site, and I'm sure even it could be improved on (but since it gets tested on every Backup and Recovery course I run, I know it works).

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000