capture to username and update as colum item

From: <calvin_speig_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Need help. I have a need to capture username as one of 5 columns of date on MY_TABLE using Forms, Oracle 8i. MY_TABLE:

                                 id       varchar2(5),
                                 cdate    varchar2(8),
                                 cdtxt    varchar2(255),
                                 username varchar2(10),
                                 updated  date(8)
 I have tried to accomplish this by using Procedure pkg as well as in Trigger PLSQL. I need to know who updated item or items on row. Unlike SYSDATE, username is not of global access therefore need to know how to get it and pass to table for update. Any and all help would be appreciated

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message