Installation of Procedure Builder

From: n <th_at_u.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:17:21 -0400

I have been trying to install PROCEDURE BUILDER, on Oracle 8i forNT. The version of Oracle I am using was downloaded from the tachnet site at the same time as I downloaded the DEVELOPER software package which contains PROCEDURE BUILDER. So, the Oracle database and the Procedure Builder tool should be compatible. These dowloads were carried out a few days ago.

Here is the problem:
When I try to install Procedure Builder, I get the follwong message,

    Location specified is already in use as an Oracle home for Oracle 816 Production. It cannot be used as an Oracle home for "my computer name"

The oracle Name and location of the database are

             NAME: OraHome81
             Location: D:\oracle\Ora81

If I try to install Procedure Builder in a different Oracle home and a different Oracle directory than that given above I get a message indicating that Procedure Builder must be installed in the ORAcale home and the oracle directory to work. Received on Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:17:21 CEST

Original text of this message