Re: Oracle Warehouse Builder Installation

From: Peter <P.Slingerland_at_IMN.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:17:37 +0200

[Quoted] <arthuryung_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8q4ja3$ocf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am installing OWB(Oracle Warehouse Builder). I found it will install
> a repository database and a runtime repository database. Do I need to
> have 2 seperate database for them, or I can have them in the same
> database??
>
> Btw, what is the different between these two repository database??
>
> Thanks,
> Arthur
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi Arthur,

If you aim to use this installation not just for evaluation purposes, you should install the
repositories in different instances.
[Quoted] The OWB repository is the repository where all your models, transformation rules etc are
[Quoted] stored (like a Oracle Designer repository). The run-time repository is a set of tables and
[Quoted] packages used during an actual ETL process run. These tables and packages are used
[Quoted] by OWB generated code for your data transformation (like a run-time environment).
I would create a seperate instance for the OWB repository, and include the run-time
[Quoted] repository in a current development/test/production data warehouse instance if you already
[Quoted] have one, or create a new database instance if not.

Peter. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 11:17:37 CEST

Original text of this message