Re: **********************SQL - Performance Measurement***********************

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:26:44 +0200

Suggestion 1) Don't post indiscriminately to all Oracle newsgroups as you seem to do now. It is very annoying
Suggestion 2) Try to read the Oracle Concepts Manual and the Oracle Performance Tuning Manual.
If you don't have them http://technet.oracle.com

There are no tools on the market that replace reading those manuals, instead they all rely on it, and they expect you to be familiar with it.

Please don't ask the newsgroup to abstract complete manuals.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Emre Akbag" <akbag_at_scr.siemens.com> wrote in message news:dQ3w5.1122$l35.15964_at_iad-read.news.verio.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to design some tables.
> I'll store large amount of data in these tables. 10-15 million records
> (Well, this amount might be small for Oracle. But, already serious for
 me).

> I want to run some SQLs on these tables and I'd like to compare the
 results
> at least in terms of response time (If possible in other metrics, too).
> So, some kind of benchmark!
>
> I tried to use "ANALYZE" command, but it wasn't useful for me.
>
> The question is:
>
> Do you know a way of performance measurement for SQL statements? (In
 Oracle