Re: A free table/index reorganization tool for download.

From: <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:32:57 GMT

Phil,

[Quoted] Apparently you do not understand the nature of the problem -- THERE IS NO DBA.EXE IN THE C:\DBA DIRECTORY AFTER INSTALLATION. The ONLY dba.exe file is the one we download and begin the installation with.

It can't 'works' if it isn't there.

You need to fix the problem by including the executable.

In article <je8w5.2066$JT3.107199_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Phil" <phil_sheu_at_amax.com> wrote:
> Sorry about the difficulty that you have. I'll try to do my best
 to make
> this software 'works' for everyone.
> And the problems only occurs before my last NNTP post. I'm sure the
 program
> really works on my other WindowNT 4.0 which has no VFP supported
 libraries.

> The problem might caused by VFP's setup wizard. The setup program
 will
> not add a program group in you Windows OS. But you can find a DBA.EXE
 file
> under the directory you have installed. the default directory is
 c:\DBA

> you're welcome to send any e-mail about question/bug report to me. or
 post
> it in this newsgroup
>
> Have a nice day!!
>
> Phil
>
> phil_sheu_at_hotmail.com
>
> missing <tonal_at_pestilence.net> wrote in message
> > Phil - get it together.
> > You've wasted my time.
> > I downloaded your updated application,
> > ran setup only to find no executable
> > at all. Only a bunch of DLLs and the
> > setup.exe
> >
> > Never heard of testing, eh? There
> > is no way in hell I will attempt
> > to use your software again and
> > I'd advise everyone else not to
> > also.
> >

> > Phil wrote:
> > >
> > > there're some problems I solved this weekend.
> > >
> > > 1. Cannot find support Visual Foxpro library.
> > > (I use FoxPro's setup wizard, and it OK now.)
> > >
> > > 2. Cannot find Mcommand.dbf in K driver (my development network
 driver)
> > > (this table has been included in the setup program, you may
 see it
 under
> > > the same program you installed)
> > >
> > > 3. Strange behavior in connection manager.
> > > (I use table buffering for the connection tables and it
 solved the
> > > problem)
> > >
> > > if there's still any problem, please let me know. I'll fix it
 ASAP.

> > > have a nice day!
> > >
> > > Phil
> > >
> > > Phil <phil_sheu_at_amax.com> wrote in message

 I'll
 try

 reorganization
 script