Re: How to I drop or rename a column using SQL?

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:56:20 GMT

In article <8pnfvb$9m10g$1_at_reader4.wxs.nl>,   "Arie Mars" <arie_at_pca-online.nl> wrote:
> How to I drop or rename a column using SQL?
>
> Arie

For all versions of Oracle prior to 8i or (8.1) you must drop and recreate the table.

Starting with 8i you can drop columns using the alter table command, see the SQL Manual for the options.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.