Hot backup Redo logs

From: <sanbara_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:10:57 GMT

Hi,

We're using Oracle Server V7.3.4.5 (on NT)and I've setup the Hot Backup in my
test DB for the first time and it seems to be working fine. I'd like to clarify a few issues:

  1. How do I copy the archived redo log files onto my tape or to a different drive (so that in case of a h/w failure, I can minimize the data loss). Does anyone have a "perl" script which will monitor the archive_dest directory and copy the files as soon as it gets created and move it to a sub dir so that the dest dir is always empty and can be monitored?
  2. Furthermore, how often do I've to take cold backups? (recommeded method)
  3. What is the normal size for the archive log files? (for a medium sized database - the datafiles are about 1.5GB)

Any help on these issues will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anbu.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 10:10:57 CEST

Original text of this message