Subject: Trouble accessing sqlplus using perl on NT

From: Erik Cohen <cohene_at_sdc-moses.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:24:09 GMT

To all:

I am posting this on behalf of a user that I suipport in the capacity of webserver admin and dba. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Erik Cohen.
SAIC
erik.l.cohen_at_saic.com

We are having a problem invoking sqlplus from Perl when the Perl routine
is called through an URL.

The following are informations regarding the installation:

  • We are using ORACLE version 8.1.6 and OAS version 4.0.8.1 on NT Version 4.0, Pack 5.0 (40 bit).
  • Both Oracle and OAS were installed on the same NT server, but on different subdirectories.
  • In the OAS a listener was set for perl on port 85. The directory form, directories were set to map to the location where the perl.exe is located and our repl routine is located.

The following are informations regarding the way sqlplus is being invoked:

  • a cmd file was created that looks like : _at_echo off perl -I c:/perl/lib -I c:/xx/yy user_group.pl
  • the user_group.pl file looks like: system ("sqlplusw user/password\_at_database_name", "\_at_c:\\xx\\yy\\bb.sql"); Note: We also tried using the full path to invoke sqlplus.
  • the bb.sql just inserts a record in the aa table and looks like: delete aa; commit; insert into aa values(2); commit; exit The perl.cmd is then invoked through an URL, but nothing happens. If invoked from the DOS prompt (as perl user_group.pl) it works.