Re: Becoming an Oracle DBA

From: Michael J. Moore <mNiOcShPaAeMl.j.moore_at_wcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:22:58 GMT

I just looked through 16 resume's for oracle dba's. I would not have been interested
in a person with no experience. What we need it lots of experience. This does not
mean that somewhere there is not a job for a nacient DBA.

As for stress level, this will depend on the shop. It can vary from very little stress,
to very high stress. Even within a shop it can vary depending on projects and
what phase the project is in.

good luck
mike