Can't create diagram in Designer6i?

From: Ian R. Brandt <ibrandt_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:03:02 -0400

Hi,

After much fooling around I was able to get Designer6i and the repository installed on my system. Now I am trying to create a new entity relationships diagram. I first had to create an application system. I went into the Repository Object Navigator and created a child to the GLOBAL_SHARED_WORKAREA. I was not prompted for the type of this object (folder or application system) as the help files said I would be, and I can't see anywhere to edit the type after the object has been created. I plowed on and tried to make a new diagram again. My new folder comes up as an application system to use for my container this time, but when I select it and click ok I get an error:

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("REPOSITORY"."I$SDD_DIAGRAM_SEGMENTS"."IRID")
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("REPOSITORY"."I$SDD_DIAGRAM_SEGMENTS"."IRID")
RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: insert into I$SDD_DIAGRAM_SEGMENTS (DIAGRAM_REF, SEQUENCE, GRAPHICAL_DATA, PARENT_IVID, PAC_REF) values (:diag_id, :seq, :data, :diag_ivid, :diag_id)

I am connected in the designer as the repository owner. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 16:03:02 CEST

Original text of this message