Re: Recommendation for front end tool

From: Jeff Whippo <jeff.whippo_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:40:12 GMT

I have been maintaining a forms/reports application for over a year now. If you go the forms/reports route, be prepared for headaches, frustration, and incompetent Oracle support technicians. This product (even at version 6i) is very buggy and only works (did I say works?) as an Intranet (not internet) solution. If your users are MS Windows users, they won't like your product because it doesn't conform to the MS Windows user interface standards. In other words, don't make the same mistake my company made - STAY AWAY! As a matter of fact, if you don't have lots and lots of Oracle expertise and products, keep your database and look for a third party front end like Cold Fusion or Active Server pages.

I'm looking at the PL/SQL cartridge (only cause I already own it) to dynamically generate my html to customers external to our firewall.

Jeff