Any info on WEBDB listener included with forms 6i?

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:05:35 GMT

WebDB questions with Developer 6i forms

I installed WebDB as the listener with Forms Server on port 8080 and have a couple of questions:

  1. What version of WebDB is this?
  2. Where are the docs, and what can I do with it?
  3. I tried to navigate to http://mymachine:8080 and it prompted with a network login box. I typed in my windows user name/password and it responded with: Database Login Failed TNS could not resolve service name Verify the TNS name in connect string entry of the DAD for this URL is valid. What do I do?
  4. I can view the administrative pages for the machine via: http://mymachine:port/webdb/admin_/listener.htm, or gateway.htm Where are these virtual directories defined (/webdb/admin_
  5. How can I protect someone else from getting to these pages?
  6. After installing and attempting to navigate to: http://mymachine:port/dev60cgi/ifcgi60.exe?config=demo, I got the error: dll d2la60.dll not found in search path. The DLL WAS in d:\ora6idev\bin, which was in the PATH environment variable. Why couldn't it find it? It worked after a reboot.
  7. If I go on my other machine which has Forms 6i (patchset 1) and try to view the demo page, it asks me if I want to have JInitiator installed. I already have it installed, v1.1.7.30, but it wants to install version 1.1.7.27, I guess due to different Class ids? Is there a way around this?
  8. When I attempt to browse http://mymachine:port/dev60cgi/ifcgi60.exe?config=ie50native from another machine that has forms 6i (patchset 1) loaded, I get an error: FRM-92150: Web client version too new. Why?