Re: ODBC and SQLNET.LOG

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:49:29 GMT

[Quoted] In article <8p2asq$5u6$16$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Dieter Gontermann" <SHPFrankfurt_at_shp-frankfurt.de> wrote:
> I have serious problems with an ODBC-link to an Oracle-Database on a
 remote
> location. Whenever the line is down and a connection cannot be
 established,
> the ODBC driver creates a SQLNET.LOG file in the winnt/system32
 directory
> which grows up unlimited to more than 900 MB (not KB), so that the
 free
> diskspace is less than 5 Kb and the system is going down more or less.
>
> My question:
>
> Is there any way to either stop logging Oracle this way or to limit
 the file
> size for the SQLNET.LOG?

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm not certain that that the ODBC driver has anything to do with generating this file. Unless you've explictly turned logging on (from [Quoted] the ODBC Data Source Administrator | Tracing) and set the log file to [Quoted] SQLNET.LOG, the ODBC driver shouldn't be logging anything, much less 900 MB!

[Quoted] Is it possible that you've turned on logging of your SQL*Net connection?

Justin Cave
[Quoted] Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are mine and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 00:49:29 CEST

Original text of this message