Re: Calling SQL*Loader from and Oracle Form

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:03:06 +0200

Denny,

I'm not into calling external procs, so can"t really help you here, but it is on the *same* platform - you will end up with a procedure in the database
(that is getting called from the client, yes) that opens an external call to the sqlload
utility on the very same machine.
You probably could also use the utlfile option, but sqlloader will be more efficient.
Besides, you did state sql*loader, so this is slightly off-topic.

If you insist on the client, the procedure would be on the client side, but (os differences apart) all else would be the same.

--
Frank
Denny Dutcavich <dut_at_mindspring.com> schreef in berichtnieuws

> Frank, thanks for the help. I have not been looking in the ng recently and
am
> not aware of questions on calling external procs on a different platform.
If