Re: Mirroring Informix into Oracle

From: Bob Schmitz <bschmitz_at_execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:17:36 -0500

Hi Manfred.

It appears that the cheapest way to solve this is by writing the software to open separate connections to the both database servers and either write the ODBC version of the data modification (insert, update, or delete) or write it with client tools from Informix and Oracle.

Another (more expensive way) is to use Sybase Replication Server and get the function string code for the applicable target. I have never done this but I know that Sybase is very flexible and should be able to do it.

Hope this helps.

bob