Re: Can't Install Designer6i

From: Ian R. Brandt <ibrandt_at_genecoop.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:14:26 -0400

[Quoted] Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. See comments inline...

Frank wrote:

> Backup your database, remove it.
> Clean up your registry (HLKM/Software/Oracle).
> Install Des6i in default oracle home, then 8.1.6 in seperate oracle_home.

[Quoted] [Quoted] This is what I ended up doing, except the universal installer crashed [Quoted] when deinstalling! I ended up with a terrible mess in my registry! I had to blow away all my installed oracle products and try to clean the registry by hand. I even have leftover keys under HKLM/Software/Oracle [Quoted] that can't be viewed or deleted for some reason (as if my registry got corrupted during the crash)? Anyhow I managed to clean it up enough and [Quoted] reinstall everything starting with designer, and it all went okay. Now [Quoted] I have to create the repository. What a pain that they don't have scripts to build this for you.

> and don't forget to bug oracle about this installer bug.

[Quoted] I am evaluating this tool. So far I don't have anything good to say about it!

Thanks,

Ian Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 14:14:26 CEST

Original text of this message