Re: Sqlloader Appending with duplicated records

From: Clive Tucker <clive.t_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 00:30:59 +0100

Ray

As far as I am aware, SQL*loader can't do updates. I guess you have 2 options really.

  1. Write your loader process in PL/SQL using the UTL_FILE function to process the file. Here you could query the table before deciding to insert or update as appropriate.
  2. Load your file into a temporary table of similar structure to the real one, in say, REPLACE mode. ie the table is wiped before loading occurs. Then have a bit of sql or pl/sql troll through the temporary table and applying inserts/updates as appropriate before finally clearing down the temp table.

Cheers

Clive