Re: Question about LOV in Forms 6.0

From: Marc Billiet <someone.overthere_at_living>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:16:22 GMT

[Quoted] Create a KEY-LISTVAL trigger on the master-item or master-block, and

write :

List Values; -- or Show Lov(...)

-- eventually populate all the fields, if not done by the LOV
-- e.g. by executing Do Key('EXECUTE-QUERY');
-- and now populate the detail block:

Go Block('Detail');
Do Key('EXECUTE-QUERY');

This should work if your master-block is in enter-query mode or if your

master-block is just a control-block (no base-table). Otherwise forms

will think you are adding a new row in the master-table.

Marc

Op 2000-08-31, 23:33:34, schreef me_at_me.com ( Scott ) over het them a
Question about LOV in Forms 6.0:

> Hi,

> This may be stupid, but I just don't know how to do this. I have a
> form with master-detail blocks. I have a LOV attatched to the first
> item in the Master block. When the user selects from the LOV, I
[Quoted] > populate all the fields of the Master block.

> Now I just want to execute query. Just as if the user hits that
> button. I tried many different triggers on the items and the master
[Quoted] > block itself (when-new-item, when-new-record, post-change, post-query,

> etc).

[Quoted] > Anybody know what I need?