Re: Date QBE search - Forms 6i

From: Clive Tucker <clive.t_at_virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:12:19 +0100

Hi

I'm not a forms 6 developer, but I've used Oracle Apps 11.5 enough to know the old 'substitution variable' trick still works.

  1. In Enter Query mode, put a substitution variable, e.g.:

&X

{It doesn't have to be an X, it could be any letter or word you like. What matters is the &}

2. Press Execute Query

3. A window will pop, titled something like 'Query Where...'

4. Enter something like:
&X between <date1> and <date2>

Hope I understood your problem correctly, and that this response helps...

Clive

PS I'm surprised you can't use '>' or '<' when querying the date field. I seem to remember previous versions of forms allowing it...