Re: batch on NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:12:14 +0200

"Sandy" <daleelaNOdaSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid> wrote in message news:225d4c60.71f5ca1f_at_usw-ex0110-076.remarq.com...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to execute an sql script every hour. for
> this , i would like to use a batch but my batch connects to
> the sqlplus and stops the execution, doesn't want to run
> the script.
> my script would be like this :
> ----
> c:\scripts
> sqlplus toto/toto_at_bobo
> _at_user_script.sql
>
> ----
>
> would it be because when i connect sqlplus it opens a new
> window.
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Sandy
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

As you don't mention the version you are using it is a bit difficult to provide exact responses.
However, sqlplus comes with a gui and a non-gui based variation. In oracle 7.3 the character based is called plus33.exe and the gui plus33w.exe
In Oracle 8.0 the character based is called plus80 and the gui based plus80w. IIRC an alias sqlplus exists to plus80w. If that's true replace sqlplus by plus80
In Oracle 8i the character based is called sqlplus and the gui based sqlplusw

Also you need to use the following syntax sqlplus -s toto/tot_at_bobo @c:\scripts\user_script

AFAIK Oracle on NT doesn't support 'here documents' (Unix terminology, in Unix this works for Oracle).

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 12:12:14 CEST

Original text of this message