Re: Designer 6i experiences

From: <unixweenie_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:42:47 GMT

[Quoted] In article <8n1o8v$5v7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   m_adamovic_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone been using Designer 6i successfully?
>
> Is it more or less buggy than the previous releases?
>
> Is it worth/risky upgrading from 6.0.
>
> I am using Oracle Designer tool only for DB modeling and design.

So far nothing that has caused any delay of development. I get an occasional odd error message and had the design editor crash twice but the over all stability of the applications seems better. The big improvement is access to the new object types.

The user interface to the new versioning stuff seems to make it basically useless, so I would only enable that on a little test repository to start out.

The performance order of magnitude on inserting new objects seems to be linear, so I think there may be some bug in there somewhere. I haven't done enough fiddling to really be sure, but it does seem quite a bit slower than version 6 and earlier.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 21:42:47 CEST

Original text of this message