Newbie Question

From: Erin Peterson <petersoe_at_bits.saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:47:13 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all.

Having just started working with Oracle Forms 6 last week, this may be a [Quoted] relatively simple question to answer. What I want to do is to take a combo [Quoted] box that is on my form and instead of showing the actual DB values, I want [Quoted] to show lookup values from another table. So, for example, instead of showing ID values from a city column in an address table I want to show [Quoted] textual city names from a city table. Selecting a city from said combo box [Quoted] would then store the appropriate value tied to the city name.

I've done an LOV and that just doesn't do it for me. I want the user to see [Quoted] and be able to select textual values.

TIA for any answers (and your patience).

Erin Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 16:47:13 CEST

Original text of this message