Re: microsoft to oracle odbc drivers

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:08:49 GMT

In article <39a6594e.985148_at_news.mindspring.com>,   techsup_at_mindspring.com (James Williams) wrote:
> I am using Access and MS Project to access oracle databases.
>
> Am getting the below error with the latest Microsoft odbc for Oracle
> drivers. Anyone seen the below before.
>
> ODBC – call failed. (Error 3146)
>
> SQLSetConnnectAttr failed (failed#0)

Unfortunately, this particular error is pretty common (i.e. lots of things may cause it), so it's going to be hard to diagnose the cause without more information.

Have you tried using the Oracle ODBC driver? The Oracle ODBC driver conforms to a higher ODBC level than the Microsoft driver, so it's possible this would solve the problem. You can download the driver from http://technet.oracle.com.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 28 2000 - 20:08:49 CEST

Original text of this message