Re: Getting 'No changes to Save' After Commit in Forms?

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:19:35 -0600

The COMMIT is operating in the form as well as in the database. Because you have not changed the current record in the form, there are no *form* changes to save. The *insert* is committed, however.

The error message is a low-level error that can be easily suppressed. Instead of a simple commit, do this:
:system.message_level := 5;
 commit;
:system.message_level := 0;

Purists would have you retrieve and save the current message-level, increase it by 5, and then restore it after the commit.