stupid sqlplus problem: compute both avg and sum

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:48:35 GMT

[Quoted] How can I compute, using SQLPLUS, both the *sum* and the *average* of a column?

[Quoted] [Quoted] This seems like pretty basic functionality, but I found: [Quoted] [Quoted] 1) I couldn't get both sums and averages to work on a column 2) the sqlplus manual says "if multiple COMPUTE commands reference the [Quoted] [Quoted] same column in the ON clause, only the last COMPUTE command applies."

[Quoted] For the record, I tried:

[Quoted]    compute sum label Total of nbr_logins on report    compute avg label Avg of nbr_logins avg_min_on_site total_min_on_site on report

SQLPLUS would average the "nbr_logins" field, but not summarize it.

[Quoted] How can I get past this limitation?

thanks,

bill milbratz
chicago IL usa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 17:48:35 CEST

Original text of this message