Converting SQLPLUS output to HTML

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:57:06 GMT

Does anyone know of a utility that can convert the sqlplus output into HTML? I put together, in SQLPLUS, a report that summarizes our business' daily activity. A shell script emails it out each day; people view it in their various email clients. It's proved handy and helpful. Users are happy with it.

The problem: as the business develops, users request more info (i.e. more columns). The problem: more columns means wider lines which makes for line wrap, especially if people use laptops to view their email.

It seemed that since most email clients can handle HTML, an HTML version of this report would allow more columns without line wrap problems.

One more thought: I could generate the HTML directly (i.e. select '<TD>' || nbrLogins || '</TD>' ....), but then I'd lose the handy sqlplus summary function (sum,avg,std), etc.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

bill milbratz
chicago IL usa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 17:57:06 CEST

Original text of this message