Re: forms 6i crashes

From: Stefan Kursawe <skursawe_nospam_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:33:02 GMT

Hi Wayne,

as I mentioned using the Oracle Installer to deinstall Developer 6 won't work,
as it leaves files behind that are causing the problem when you install Dev 6i
on top of the old Dev 6 installation.
If you look in the README file Oracle recommends not to install 6i on top of 6,
so the best way is to delete your ORANT directory and probably also the ORACLE
registry key and start a fresh install. But make sure you keep a copy of your TNSNAMES.ORA.
Might be your only solution, if you keep on crashing in Reports 6i.

regards

    Stefan